Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Comic Con here and gone

Comic Con San Diego is done and gone.  I did watch the G4 coverage, all 5+ hours of it. It is descent coverage and it placates me. I want to go some year, but the money and mass of humanity that is there are my biggest deterrents.  Here is a short list of what I liked via their coverage.
The R2D2 X-box was geek-sheik. It makes the standard droid noises when turning on/off, loading etc. It is painted like R2 and even has C3PO themed controller.
The coverage of Space marine and the matter of its September release. I have high hopes since most 40K Relic games are very playable.
The shots of Solomon Grundy in the New Batman Arkham City game! This guy is a favorite of mine from the Challenge of the Superfriends days. I never read any comics with/about him but his cartoon appearances are just classic! Hopefully the fight with him will be as well.
Matt Smith and Karen Gillian on the interview stage with the G4 goons. It is about time they interview the cast of this show. The Dr. Who crowd is always there and they get passed over for interviews, well not this year. They got face time with the Doctor and Amy. No real show news, but it great to see them.
Nathan Fillion gets it. If his interview wasn’t proof, then watch his Who is Bill Pardy? DVD extra, it rocks!
John Barrowman interviewed and without his real accent. I guess a Scottish Captain Jack Harkness would be wrong.
The M8 rifle scale replica has been added to my nerd weapon wish list. This is Colonel Sheppard’s gun from the Mass Effect game. Now it can be yours all full sized and cool. This has made the Nerd List of Expensive Wants (we all have one of these), along with the Lancer from Gears of War and Hellboy’s Samaritan.
Then there was Alex Sim-Wise, G4 “reporter” in various latex cosplay outfits. Yup some British, red haired busty fan service for the comic geeks out there.
There were the typical movie pitches, television panels, various comic book news (which I really used to care about) and video game stuff. All this is typical, but none of it really WOW’ed me this year. WAIT! There was also Star Wars Blu Ray super secret footage….yawn… and it was also underwhelming. I already have this on VHS (for some damn dumb reason) and DVD. Why would I buy it a third time?
There we go the short list of the Comic Con 2011, stuff that filled me with happy tickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment