Thursday, July 7, 2011

1st Chaos army, 2nd batch of heavy support

Well you can't have a Iron Warrior-ish army without siege weapons. It just something that shouldn't be. It is just sad that the option for Basilisks was removed (as was the iron Warrior list ) from the Chaos Codex. I was looking forward to using one of those.

Here is my now old school Vindicator. It does have a combi-bolter and havock launcher. The launcher is more for looks than anything else.

I went battle damage heavy. I was hoping to make it look as if this tank is constantly in combat scenarios and doesn't get the proper down time for repairs. There are a lot of impact hits, scorch marks  and even some melty damage.






Then we have the triple lascannon Predator. I went with the demonic possession upgrade and thought it might explain the little demons on the gun barrels.
The jewelry chain on the top hatch is to show that something is restrained inside this tank. The spikes and blades on the front are there to deter would be attackers or help when running over/through foes. I moved the exhaust pipes from the front to give it a bit of a different look from the regular tanks.



It is sad that these two tanks are old kits and just look bad next to the new Rhino chassis kits. Also they have been replaced by Obilterators in my list, since they perform so much better. They were old models I had lying around (back from 3rd and early 4th) and I thought they could be re-tasked for my Chaos army. I need to go back and give them some t.l.c. before I would use them again. These were painted ages ago (by gaming standards) and could use some touches and washes to make them pop now. Maybe one day they'll grace the battlefield again. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment