Thursday, June 23, 2011

My 1st Chaos Marines the Oblits

I have gotten away from this, I was once posting stuff about my 1st Chaos army. I covered the troops and HQ. Now I have my first batch of heavy support.

So here are my Obliterators. I HATE the models G.W. has for them, so I kit bashed them. I used all manner of 40K ranged weapons, Marine Terminators, jewelry chain, spikes and various heads. The heads are in various states of fleshy to skull. It is as if the suits are using the life of the wearer to power the mutable weapon options. I like to think the chains are there to lock these guuys up between battles. Since they are a bit too freakish and deadly to be walking the halls unattended.

 
This guy has developed a metal spike forehead protrusion. It seems to fit with his numerous chest spikes. He is sporting an assault cannon, melta gun and under-slung plasma gun/powerfist.


 Laspistol, heavy flamer, plasma pistol and an Ork shoota help this guy to battle. His face is a bit burnt and the skin has sloughed off the right side, leaving exposed skull.

 

 A fusion gun being held like a stormbolter, autocannon back mount and missile launching powerfist.


 


A stormbolter & melta, top mounted plasma, and autocannon/missile launcher arm!

We have a cyclone launcher, fusion gun, strombolter, laspistol and a the skeletal remains of the suit's wearer. I like the Chaos star on the skull; a nice reminder that even without a face someone still cares to serve the dark powers.

They won't win any awards, but I'm pretty happy with them. Now if only they still had the options for autocannon and heavy bolters. 

1 comment:

  1. ian!!!!,

    I like these man, great job! I'm not a fan of the standard Obliterators and I think you did a great job on your conversion work, they look busy, but not any more gun-laden than they should.

    Skull and zombie faces are winners as well.

    Nice one!

    ReplyDelete