Monday, September 19, 2011

Second Demon Prince done

Take a few bits, a Mordor Troll and some chain and I'll get a second Khorne Demon Prince. He is my walker. I like wings, but I wanted more points to spend elsewhere. He can keep pace with the Bloodletters or  hopefully drop in off an icon.

After some bits digging, I found a banner for orks and thought it would make a suitable and weird head. Much better than the troll head I had as it looks chaos-ie and weird. A little cutting and a pin job and the head was set.
"Golden Throne! Where are it's eyes?!!?"

Also a couple of hand swaps with some ogre weapons as well. A big butcher-esqe knife and a spikey glove looked much better than the troll club, spear or hammer. The ogre hands don't look that bad, I thought there would be some size issues, but they turned out alright.
 Of course the weapons had to have a suitable level of blood as this guy has been cutting through and stabbing opponents all day.

The armor that comes with the model is sort of piecemeal and it fit well and will cover the Iron Hide upgrade.

Some jewelry chain added for effect and to tie him in with my Bloodthirster. It also helped hide a small gap on that hand. The join with the arm and hand wasn't 100% so the chain is there for aesthetic value and practicality.
The base isn't fancy, but the small ruins and skulls ties him into my flying Demon Prince and my Flesh Hounds. I'll add a little sand to tie him a bit more to the hounds. 

I dare you to call that a fanny pack.

Finally, he needed a little pouch so he could keep some "goodies." Who says all the skulls go to the Skull Throne. I'm sure a few won't be missed. Also his loin cloth is made from some freshly torn flesh. What proper demon goes to battle without pants?

Now to find a chariot for my Herald, mix some bloody goo for the bases and this army is looking 1500 points complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment