Thursday, September 8, 2011

End of summer.....

I think I’ll call summer officially over. Well it is September and to me once Labor Day hits the summer is done.
Well the internet rumor mill was fooled or fooled everyone with dreams of planes this summer. There was nary a flyer in sight. Now I’m not sure how this was started but hopefully “they” won’t do it again. Speaking of rumors remember those plastic Imperial Guard Veterans we were getting?? Yeah nobody else does either.


Now we did a get new army codex, or are in the process of getting an new army codex. The Sisters of Battle are getting a White Dwarf upgrade. Now people will say this isn’t a codex, but it does replace the current (used loosely) book. So….a new Sisters of Battle codex will be here sometime this month. Sadly, I’ll wait until the online PDF is released on their website (or until the interweb community unleashes it), to look it over. It is nice to see White Dwarf doing something like the old Chapter Approved, but it just isn’t enough. I guess if you are a Sisters player it is potentially a good/bad time for you. It will be interesting to see if the Codex Creepers out there scream foul of this new codex. I doubt it since it isn’t a “true” army book.
Necrons are now on the clock. Allegedly. I think I’ll dust these guys off for a photo shoot, and touch-ups. They might….might have a future. Wait was told some rumors…..at breakfast…..I’ll await judgment until the release of the final book.
The Dark Eldar continue to get new releases. It seems the Court of the Archon is now available in a Finecast. I’m not a fan of the unit, but I think the Medusae model might have some Chaos potential. The Lhamaean can be a great Lady Malys.


I'll get you Vect! As soon as I swap a sword for a fan.
Oh yeah new Ogres for the square basers. Ewww... square basers.

NFL football returns tonite and that is awesome! Sundays for pigskin and painting!
Beat Space Marine, and it was very fun. It is about an 8-10 hour game, which felt short, but seems par for the proverbial action video game course.  Will play through on a the hard difficulty and see how it goes. The normal setting was rough in parts and I’m interested to see how those are at a higher difficulty.

Since the re-boot of Dr. Who I’ve been a pretty avid fan. I have enjoyed the 9th, 10th and parts of the 11th Doctors. I have even gone back and watched some of the old Tom Baker stuff, and it is original Star Trek campy, but still fun. I am, with much sadness, putting the show on watch. The last season (after recently re-watching it) and the 1st half of this season has left me filled with annoyance, a lot of MEH and some approaching nerd contempt (not quite rage, but this is a very very early sign).  Yes, it only took six episodes to get me from excitement that the show is back, doe-eyed optimism and even a bout of glee and giggling…to MEH when the Doctor is mentioned.
What happened? Well the revamp off the show, new crew, writers and such. It just seems like the best 11th Doctor episodes are equivalent to the mediocre 9th and 10th.  This makes me a sad panda. Now this isn’t an award winning writing type of show, it is fun sci-fi (well supposed to be). Without droning or ranting, I’ll just sum up, they have 4 weeks to change my mind, or I’m walking away from the Doctor, T.A.R.D.I.S., Amy, Rory and the rest of the lot.
Well that basically ends the summer, now onto the much cooler and more enjoyable fall.

A small cut and some folded styrene and you can have a Lady Malys. Well at least that is what  is see with this model.



A small cut and some folded styrene and you can have a fan for Lady Malys. Well at least that is what  is see with this model.

2 comments:

  1. The "Summer of Flyers" thing got my hopes up for a plastic Fighta-Bommer... stupid rumors. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I abhor rumors. All they do is make people crazy, drive up hopes, cause pointless arguements and provide empty promises.

    For example.....way before the Grey Knight codex when the rumors of the Dredknight were flying aroound. The screams that this unit was already causing in just the rumor stage. Well look at it now, is thing being used by anyone? Is it that awesome?

    I know it will never stop, however, by briniging to light the sillines of these "reliable" rumors maybe it will slow them. Maybe it will keep that one person from posting what is rumored to be the next release,book or cool thing.

    ReplyDelete