Thursday, September 30, 2010

Night Lords the early stages

Here are a few pics of the beginnings of my Night Lords ( Adepticon Team tourney ) assault marines.
I am using a mix of Blood Angel Death Company, Chaos Marine, Khorne and Tactical Marine bits and a few fantasy Chaos Warrior heads.

The new Blood Angel Death Company kit is just stellar stuff. I think it is GW's best plastic work.

I left in the purity seals as throw-back to the pre-heresy days of honor paper and such.
They could just be impurity seals or some such thing. Whatever they are, I like the look of them on both loyalists and traitors.

The would be blood vials are full of green fluid that will match what the counts as Sang. Priest is cooking up in his chirugeon. What is it? Who knows, but it grants feel no pain and furious charge.


The official Night Lord helmets are a bit big, but with backpack and arms, they look descent.
I need to get another blister of them to flesh out the remaining guys.


Yes, there are no arms or backpacks, but they are in process as well.


I hate the lightning effect up close, but from a gaming distance I think it works. I have only added it one one leg per guy and will add it to some shoulder pads and arms as well. I don't want to get too crazy with it. I find less of that is more. Unless, you are heavy metal painter quality, and brother, I ain't.


The Khorne and Death Co boxes are great for the running legs, just what every assault squad needs. Nothing screams charge like a group of flat-footed marines. I'm looking at you Space Wolf Grey Hunter box.

Soon I'll get my HQ, 1st Heavy, more grunts and transport pics up.








No comments:

Post a Comment