Monday, October 8, 2018

Halloween Movie TIme 2018!!


For the Halloween season this year I’m staying away from horror reboots. The last two years have been fairly unpleasant horror movie watching with all the pointless remakes of all the various hooro films.
Now this year I am still going to do a theme when it comes to some horror films.
I thought I would tackle a genre of horror that I haven’t really been a big fan or really enjoyed.
These are creature features from a few different decades.
They are also relegated to B movie status, but that is fairly common for all creature features.
I love me a good monster movie, but how will I fair when the monsters come only from……..
…..beneath the water!!!!!!!

Yup this October I’m going to watch (and re-watch in one situation after a double decade at least from the first view) a quartet of creature features about underwater monsters.
I’m going to start in the 50’s with the best looking of the original Universal movie monsters….The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
Then I’ll leap frog all the way into 1989 for a pair of undersea monsters from the same year. Oh how I love when Hollywood comes out with dueling films about similar subject matter. That  always works for  them doesn’t it? I’ll view Leviathan and Deep Star Six.
Finally, I’ll stop in the reciprocal of 89 to 1998 to watch Deep Rising.

So join me if you will as we set sail for proverbial adventure and exploration below the watery depths! Let us see if we can find an underwater creature movie that is as fun to watch as Jaws, less pretentious than the Abyss and better than Sharktopus.

First up……The Creature Black from the Black Lagoon

No comments:

Post a Comment