Monday, July 30, 2018

Busy summer leads to......


Damn I have really gotten lax with my blogging the last few months. Summer is supposed to be a time of vacations and relaxation right?

Wrong!
It is a time of yard work, minor home repairs, multiple camps for children and becoming a Pro bono Uber driver for said children.

I have really fallen behind on my looks into monsters for D&D, game reports from Dust 1947, book reports, movie and game reviews. I am actually looking forward to school starting so I can get some extra time to post my inane ramblings.

Some quick hits from the last couple months when I had available time.


 Ant-Man and The Wasp- if you haven’t seen it yet please go! It  is really light and fun. It is a great palate cleanser after the events of Infinity War. Paul Rudd is great being himself in the role of Scott Lang. His character plays so well off the straight laced Evangeline Lilly as Hope Van Dyne as the Wasp. Then, toss in Michael Peña to steal almost every scene he is in, much like the first Ant-man film. Finally, add a healthy dose of humor, Walt Goggins, comic book shenanigans , a lot of size manipulation, super science, a great minor role for Lawrence Fishburne (hope he is back in the Marvel movies in the future) and some good old fashioned family love for good measure. It all makes for a damn descent film about a character who I have always thought as ridiculous in the comics. Ant-Man and Wasp= good times!
I also got five games of Dust/ Dust 1947/ Dust Tactics under my belt. They were under the standard 100 points they recommend, but it was a damn good time playing! It is great to get some table top mini gaming in again! I actually painted a few models recently as well.

Diablo III, a new season is up and running. I have bailed from Darkest Dungeon again, but I had much more success before I lost my patience and stopped playing again. Finally trying the Far Harbor expansion on Fallout IV when I get a few moments.

It is also Gen Con Week! I am looking forward to it as usual. I’ll chat more about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment