Monday, September 18, 2017

The Weasel/ The Brain is gone



I'm a legend in this sport. If you don't believe me, ask me - Bobby Heenan



The perennial heel manager of the 80's wrestling world has left us, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.


He had a fantastic list of wrestlers he managed: Mr. Perfect, King Kong Bundy, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Big John Studd, Rick Flair, Lex Luger, Paul Orndorf and Andre "The Giant."
He also had a laundry list of real turds too: The Barbarian, The Missing Link, Red Rooster, Ron Bass, and The Brooklyn Brawler to name a few.


If his pre/ post match interviews weren't enough his ringside shenanigans were even better.

Then there was his turn in the announcing booth. Once he was behind the mic in the booth or at ringside that is where The Brain really shined. His commentary was varying levels of inappropriate, hysterical, nasty and terrible. Yet, it was exactly what wrestling needed. A heel doing commentary. You loved to hate him. You loved and hated what he was saying about wrestlers in the ring. It was just great stuff!


"Ya listen to me, you'll go to the top! You don't listen to me, you're never heard from again!"

"Parts Unknown, it usually means Downtown Newark."

"The Flying Jalepeno"
Bobby's name for Tito Santana's flying forearm finishing move

"You know they say money can't buy happiness. Give me 50 bucks and watch me smile."


"The two things that scare me most about wrestling fans is that they're allowed to vote and allowed   to reproduce."
"A friend in need is a pest."


"Oh, you humanoids... "
          in reference to the fans
"Oh my, what a GREAT scientific move! A punch to the head!!"


"You know that show of sportsmanship....the respect for each other, the enthusiasm they have....makes me sick!"


A great leader of heels and villains for many years.


R.I.P.  Weasel.


Image result for bobby the brain heenan


No comments:

Post a Comment