Thursday, April 24, 2014

Old model gets a retouch.



Long ago I grabbed a boneswarm to paint for fun. The look and pose of this model is great stuff. A pile of human bits and pieces rising up like a snake to attack is fantastic!






I went a bit simple with this and just did a quick brown dry brush followed by an off white dry brush. I then threw on some ballast and flock. I wanted this guy to look like he just burst out of the ground. It also covered up some of the bits I thought looked bad.



Now I have dusted this guy off and given him a once over. I touched up areas, added some highlights and then hit him with a sepia wash. He has a much more old and dirty look about him. The bones were a bit too clean before for a monster that just burst from the ground.



Why fix him up now? Well I’m not saying a Maelok the Dreadbound army  is in my future, but maybe……….

No comments:

Post a Comment