Monday, January 7, 2013

I actually have a dog in this fight!




Tonight is one of my scared two truly sacred nights, the BCS Championship game. Now every year I celebrate and pay homage to the football deities by consuming mass quantities of meat,cheese and salted snacks while two teams face each other in gladiatorial style sport. It is awesome ( but not  as inspiring and grand as the Superbowl, my holiest of days)!

This year I actually have a team to champion and a stake in the game. I am a Notre Dame fan and damn if I'm not hoping for a win. There are a few good things in the world of college football: when the Irish win, when the SEC (and especially Florida schools )loses, whenever USC loses (being the best at the hands of the Irish) and hearing Keith Jackson saying, "Fumble!"

I would like nothing better than Manti Te'o, Zeke Motta, Bennett Jackson  and the boys to shut down Alabama and quiet the pundits.

He should have won the Heisman!



Theo Riddick,  your last name is pure awesome sauce , having a 100+ yard game and a couple scores would be fantastic!
Then you got to get sent to a slam, where they tell you you'll never see daylight again. You dig up a doctor, and you pay him 20 menthol Kools to do a surgical shine job on your eyeballs.  

Hell, I don't care what or how it happens as long as Notre Dame gets a win tonight. It would be cap a great night and make for an even better tomorrow as all the sports gurus would be eating crow!

Here is to the 2012-2013 BCS Championship and a Notre Dame win!


3 comments:

  1. My thoughts on the game are summed up thusly:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

    ReplyDelete
  2. They didn't keep their heads on a swivel. That is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog drowned in a sea of crimson! Such a terrible game if you are a Notre Dame fan!

    ReplyDelete