Monday, March 31, 2014

T.V. bad/good

Two of my favorite television shows have been letting me down lately.

This season of Archer is weak sauce. There might be a single chuckle per episode, not the gut bust hilarity from seasons prior. I am very under whelmed. It was grabbed for two more years. Well her is hoping that it gets better next season!

The Walking Dead has been a drag this second half of the season. I just care less and less every episode. This is actually worse than the constant second season search for Sophia. At least then there was some tension. This second half is just kind of boring and I'm not really caring.

SyFy's Helix is a mess of viral outbreak, plague zombie, shiny eyes and secrets, secrets, secrets . I was not super impressed.

I tried Chozen and after two weeks I walked away. It just like another take on East Bound and Down, but with a rapper instead of a baseball player. Meh!





The good news is that I found solace in True Detectives on HBO. That was a really great show! A nice 8 part series with a solid ending, great characters and a descent crime story. I’m not a huge fan of cop drama, unless it is serial killer wyrd. This is just that. Plus Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey were fantastic!

Rick and Morty on Adult Swim is fun! Check it out!

I jumped on Green Arrow and that has been descent and is good for some escapist comic book entertainment. Not sure why they have made Green Arrow into a knock off Batman. At least he doesn’t have those fraking stupid punching glove arrows. It isn’t great, but it fills a void.

Hannibal is back for another season and that is good. This has some fantastic gore for a network show. Plus there are some great gallows humor on-liners in every episode. Mads Mikelson is no Anthony Hopkins, but his Hannibal Lecter is still creepy good.

Finally Thrones will be kicking up soon too. Hopefully that will be another good season.

No comments:

Post a Comment