Monday, December 1, 2014

Nap times over! The Force Awakens!



Alright everyone else has thrown their two cents in and so am I.
 
Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer is out all of us nerds have seen it. If not, then what the hell is wrong with you?
 
3_verge_super_wide


I have watched it twice and holy crap! Nothing is really happening. What the hell did we all expect?  This is a jump cut teaser to build excitement/interest. Like there needs to be more excitement about this movie.

Alright we get a bunch of jump cuts of Star Wars-ie stuff: new storm trooper armor, new blasters, Tatooine, X-wings, creepy deep voice, light saber (with a new twist),  speeder bike, guy in billowing jedi robe, rolling soccer ball droid, the Falcon and tie-fighters doing stuff. 

There was not a lot of substance and I didn't think there would be. What stands out? The Falcon flying bit was awesome as was the light saber with associated laser pommel! 

I have stayed away from the rumors and talk. This was my first real look at anything about this movie.  I will continue to dodge the news, rumors and hype about this. That way I can go into the film unsullied. Much like the prequels. I stayed out of almost all of the noise surrounding them, but I did get caught up in Revenge of the Sith more than I should have prior to release.

I hope to be able to go in with a blank slate for expectations to keep from disappointment. J.J. Abrams has done a descent job with the Star Trek stuff, I really like the first season and some of Alias, Cloverfield was as good as it was bad and his foray into Lost was fine. 

Seriously that Falcon sequence was the bees knees! Best part of the trailer!



No comments:

Post a Comment